With all things, “hormone homeostasis” is the goal. As soon as our hormones are out of balance, a myriad of disease and undesirable symptoms occur.
A healthy female should be producing at least 20mg of progesterone a day.
I absolutely believe that the endocrine system and the need for balance, is over looked.
We understand Estrogen to be one of the two the primary “Sex” hormone in women. It is produced mostly by the ovaries and in smaller amounts from the adrenal glands AND fat tissue. (It is important to know that estrogen is a male hormone too.)
What happens when one doesn’t ovulate, or when one is going through menopause? Are they still producing enough estrogen and progesterone? Well, maybe, maybe not.
Levels of both Estrogen and Progesterone lower in the above cases, but in the last few decades, our bodies have been exposed to estrogen-mimicking hormones within our environment. These are referred to “xeno-estrogens” and as I mentioned, mimic the estrogen hormone causing the levels to increase in your body.
We then rely on the adrenal glands to produce enough progesterone, but with the raised stressors we are subjected to, those levels diminish significantly, as cortisol is the primary hormone needed to deal with such stressors. It’s true what they say, stress CAN cause cancer! (Cortisol levels should be managed.)
This would inevitably leave us depleted of one very important hormone: Progesterone.
Progesterone and men:
Men produce progesterone, but about half the amount of women. It is produced in the testes and the adrenal glands.
As a man ages, his testosterone levels decrease, and estrogen levels increase.
Men with higher estrogen levels have enlarged prostates, which is a likely cause of Prostate Cancer.
A male can take 50mg of Zinc a day. Zinc inhibits the action of aromatase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen. As well as lowering Estrogen levels and following the guidelines below, a male can apply a dollop of Natural Progesterone cream.
Progesterone is an antagonistic hormone precursor the Estrogen.
They have to be in balance for complete health. When we have too much estrogen, we suffer from a syndrome called “Estrogen Dominance”.
This can cause a variety of problems, here a few:
· Loss of libido
· Breast, Uterine , Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
· Fibrocystic disease
· Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome
· Menopausal symptoms (hot flushes )
· Difficulty in loosing stomach , hips and thigh fat
· Frequent Miscarriages
· Gynecomastia (Man Boobs )
· Oligomenorrhea (infrequent periods)
· Excessive facial hair
· Thinning of hair
· Thyroid dysfunction
What is causing this sudden rise in estrogen levels?
· Commercially raised farm animals fed and injected with hormones
· Fruits and Vegetables sprayed with pesticide residues
· Birth control pills consisting of synthetic hormones
· HRT (hormone replacement therapy) that consist of Estrogen on its own.
· Xeno-estrogens such as petro chemicals found in mainstream body products. (Vaseline is good example of this). Lotions, Creams, Perfumes, hairsprays. These have chemical structures similar to that of Estrogen.
· Stressors increasing cortisol levels thus depleting progesterone levels
· PCOS and tumors produce more Estrogen
· High sugar intakes can reduce magnesium levels. Magnesium is important for neutralization of Estrogen in the liver.
Estrogen is fat soluble and thus stores in your fat cells.
This is why people with excessive estrogen levels may have larger stomachs and may battle to lose weight.
So what can we do?
Dr. John Lee, the pioneer of the usage of Natural Progesterone cream to balance hormones, says simply to decrease your estrogen load and increase progesterone load.
It’s easier said than done, something is better than nothing.
– Limit environmental estrogens
– Begin by buying meats that hare HORMONE free.
– Throw away your body products that contain petroleum and parabens. (The list goes on, but I won’t bore you with the ingredients.
– Do not warm up foods in plastic containers.
– Use glass storage containers instead of plastic Tupperware.
– Wash all fruits and vegetables if they aren’t organic (wash them anyway even if they are)
– Decrease body fat
– Avoid sugars, processed foods and eat more fresh whole foods.
– Stress management
– Use “natural” household detergents
– AND take NATURAL PROGESTERONE CREAM. (You can find this cream at your Local Health Shop.)
Natural Progesterone Cream
The skin is the largest organ of the body. It is easily absorbed by the blood stream.
Besides for balancing your hormones, here are some other benefits:
– Restores Libido
– It acts as a natural anti-depressant
– Facilitates in normal thyroid function
– Normalizes Menstrual cycles
– It has bone building properties, thus can reverse osteoporosis
– It can prevent female cancers
– Prevents (and treats) fibrocystic breasts
– Natural diuretic
– Prevents and treats PMS
– Prevents and treats menopausal symptoms
– Normalizes blood sugar levels
– Can assist with falling pregnant (Increased Progesterone assists ovulation)
– Prevents miscarriages (when a lack of progesterone causes endometrial lining to fall away)
– Prevention and treatment of “man boobs”
– Prevention of prostate Cancer
It is important to use organic body and bath products on your babies/children.
“Mainstream” products are filled with all sorts of toxic ingredients that could play havoc on your children’s still-developing bodies and hormone systems. They deserve the chance to form healthy cells.
To touch on this topic is difficult as there is a lot to be said. There is a lot to be learnt.
Knowledge is power, and when you know better, you can do better.
For more information, read or listen to Dr. John Lee’s transcript on Estrogen Dominance.
It is about an hour read, but it could change your life.
Dr Lee talks about the benefits of using all natural Progesterone hormone. Please view my channel for more health videos